Q: Would delivery work for my concept?
A: Delivery –of all things– is a hot topic. Consumers demand it and the market has responded by offering several delivery options, from independent delivery companies to national firms.
If you’re wondering whether delivery is good for your concept, the short answer is yes. Projected U.S. restaurant delivery revenues are expected to reach nearly $80 Billion by 2022 and digital ordering and delivery has grown 300 percent faster than dine-in traffic since 2014.
Need more proof? According to the latest research:
- 60 percent of U.S. consumers order delivery or takeout once a week.
- 20 percent of consumers say they spend more on off-premise orders compared to a regular dine-in experience.
- 59 percent of restaurant orders from millennials are takeout or delivery.
- 33 percent of consumers say they would be willing to pay a higher fee for faster delivery service.
- 63 percent of consumers agree that it is more convenient to get delivery than dining out with a family.
- 60 percent of restaurant operators say that offering delivery has generated incremental sales.